Benefits of Coffee Pods
Table of Contents
Coffee pods are easier, faster and cleaner than using normal ground coffee, with no wastage.
5 Reasons to switch to pods
1. Pods de-skill making quality espresso
Traditional espresso methods have so many elements to get right – such as grinding beans, dosing & tamping the ground coffee. And that’s before you even start to operate the espresso machine.
A novice can easily get one or more of those elements wrong, giving a mediocre coffee, even if they start off with good quality coffee beans. By contrast, the coffee in a pod has already been ground, measured out and tamped for optimal extraction.
2. Coffee stays fresher for longer
Pod Pack hermetically seal their coffee pods in individual foil pouches and then flush them with nitrogen. This means that:
- The flavours and aroma of the freshly ground beans are preserved until the pouch is opened and the pod is used. (Unlike normal coffee which starts to deteriorate as soon as it is ground.)
- You can buy multi-packs of pods without worrying about them going stale before you can use them.
3. Pods mean less cleaning and less wastage
All the ground coffee is contained within the pods, even after extraction so:
- No spillage of coffee grounds on the bench when dosing, tamping or emptying.
- No wasted coffee.
- No coffee grinds to clean off the bench top.
4. Coffee pod machines are simpler to use
The majority of coffee pod systems are designed for people who don’t have special barista training. They tend to be semi-automatic or fully automatic machines, usually requiring less maintenance and cleaning than traditional espresso equipment. Pod machines offer an advantage because:
- It’s easy. You only have to place the pod in the machine and press a button to extract the espresso. No messing about with loose ground coffee.
- It’s accessible to everyone, not just to those with technical skills.
- It’s reliable – you know you will produce cafe quality espresso every time you use the machine.
5. No more coffee grinders
The coffee in pods has already been ground so:
- More bench space.
- No more noisy grinding.
- No more re-filling the grinder.
Who uses coffee pods?
Pods for cafés, restaurants and bars and even hotel rooms
Coffee pod systems allow food service businesses, like restaurants and bars, to provide their customers with premium quality espresso without needing to train their staff to barista standards.
Pods for offices, customer service areas and conference rooms
Throw away the instant coffee and offer your staff and your customers superior quality espressos, lattes and cappucinos without any mess, using easy-to-operate coffee pod machines.
Read more about coffee pods in the work place.
Pods at home
More and more people are choosing to buy coffees prepared on commercial coffee machines in cafés and restaurants. They want to bring that café taste experience home but don’t always want to learn how to use a complicated espresso machine. Simpler coffee pod machines allow more people to make great coffee at home with no fuss.
Read More: Soft Coffee Pods Packing Machine