Overheating coffee machine causes cafe fire
FIRE crews called to smoke coming from The Wallingford Tea and Coffee
Co Ltd in St Martins Street found an overheating coffee roaster.
They were called by residents living above the cafe at about 8.20pm yesterday and went in wearing breathing apparatus.
A spokesman said they found an overheating coffee roaster in the back of the shop giving out large amounts of smoke.
Watch Manager Dan Reed said: “On arrival we were faced with smoke
logging to the rear of the premises and were unsure as to what may have
been on fire; fortunately, the vigilance of the upstairs residents
prevented the possibility of a much larger fire.”